Thinking of something beyond the typical unhealthy burger? Let us introduce you to a new version of classic hamburger with a Japanese twist – Teriyaki Pork Jasberry Rice Burger! A tasty pork patty coated with Teriyaki sauce, and served on our Jasberry rice buns!
Time: 1 hour
Ingredients for 2 servings
● 2 cups of cooked Jasberry rice
● 3.5 ounces pieces of pork
● 1 cup of Teriyaki sauce divided
● 1 piece of red onions, sliced into thin wedges
● 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
● 2 tablespoons of sesame oil (to make rice buns)
● Toasted white and black sesame seeds
● 4 green leaf lettuces
● 1/2 a tomato sliced into thin layers
● Salt and pepper
How to cook Jasberry rice:
1. Follow the instructions on the back of the packaging.
How to make the buns:
1. Set an oven to 350 oF.
2. Wet both hands (to prevent sticking) and form the rice into buns. Place the buns on an oven tray.
3. Brush the buns over with sesame oil. Heat up for 3- 4 minutes in the oven.
4. Repeat the process for the remaining buns needed.
How to make Teriyaki Pork:
1. Sauté the onions with 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil over low heat, till they’re fragrant and just starting to turn brown, then rest aside.
2. Pour 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and 1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce into a skillet. Add in the meat over medium heat. Stir fry until cooked through.
3. Prepare the buns, then place the teriyaki pork, teriyaki sauce, lettuce and tomato into the rice buns.
4. Add salt and pepper as desired. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve!