Ingredients: for 4 big bell peppers
– ½ Cup raw Jasberry rice (approx. 1 cup cooked Jasberry rice)
– 2 red and 2 yellow big bell peppers, if possible find ones that can stand straight as you have to place them on the baking tray
– 40g ground meat (we used: chicken meat)
– 1 Teaspoon of olive oil
– ½ Cup finely chopped mushrooms (we used: 2 onigiri mushrooms)
– A few cubes chopped onion
– ½ Garlic clove, minced
– 1/3 Can tomato sauce
– ½ Tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
– ½ Tablespoon shredded mozzarella cheese
– ½ Teaspoon dried basil
– Pinch of salt
– Pinch of chili flaked or cayenne pepper (here used: chili flakes)
– Pinch of pepper
1) Cook Jasberry rice according to packaging instructions, set aside.
2) Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F.
3) In a large skillet head up olive oil, add onions and garlic and cook until golden brown.
4) Add in meat and mushrooms and cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
5) Stir in half of the tomato sauce, cooked Jasberry rice, seasonings and spices.
6) Add most of the cheese (leave some for garnish).
7) Cut and reserve tops off peppers, remove seeds. Cut thin slices from the pepper bottom to level them.
8) Spoon filling into the bell peppers.
9) Top with tomato sauce and garnish with more cheese to taste, replace pepper tops.
10) Place stuffed bell peppers on a baking tray and bake for around 20 minutes until heated through and peppers are crisp-tender.