Craving for some spicy food? Mexican shrimp with Jasberry rice recipe is here to take you on an exciting culinary ride! This tasty, yet the healthy dish is made with shrimps, served over a bed of black beans, red onions, and Jasberry rice, combined with a blend of spices and served with avocados on the side.
Time: 30 – 40 minutes
Ingredients for 4 servings
● 2 cups of cooked Jasberry rice
● 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil
● 1 onion
● 3 scallion
● 16 ounces of shrimps
● 1 1/2 tbsp of ground chili powder
● 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
● 3/4 tsp of ground cumin
● 1/2 tsp of salt
● 1/4 of red bell pepper, chopped
● 1 tsp of oregano
● 1/4 tsp of black pepper
● 2 small green jalapenos, diced
● 1 can of 15 ounces black beans, drained
● 1 tbsp of butter
● 1/4 cup of water
● 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
● 1 large lime sliced evenly
● 1/2 cup of lime juice freshly squeezed
● 1/2 of an avocado
How to cook Jasberry rice:
1. Follow the instructions on the back of the packaging.
How to make Mexican Shrimp
1. Heat the olive oil in the skillet. Fry the onions with ground chili, cumin, and garlic powder.
Sauté for 1 minute.
2. Immediately, add the black beans, butter, red bell peppers, oregano, black pepper, salt, and green onions, then add water. Continue to stir and simmer for 8 – 10 minutes.
3. Add the shrimps allow it to cook a bit, then add cooked Jasberry rice, and jalapenos in the skillet. Stir to combine the ingredients until the shrimps are well-cooked. Squeeze the lime over the top.
4. Serve with cilantro, lime, and avocado as toppings.