Want to make your go-to rainbow bowl even more colorful? Try swapping your typical rice with Jasberry rice. Dark purple and non-GMO, Jasberry rice has 40 times more antioxidants than brown rice and no soaking is needed before cooking! This bowl is not only aesthetically pleasing but also rich in nutrients and incredibly flavorful!
Serving size: one serving (one bowl)
– 1/2 cup of cooked Jasberry rice (approx. ¼ of raw Jasberry rice)
– ½ lb (ca. 230g) shrimp, frozen
– ½ Avocado
– ¼ cup of corn, canned
– ¼ cup of bell peppers, cubed
– ¼ cup of watercress or other green leaves of choice
– ¼ tsp Garlic powder
– ¼ tsp Onion powder
– ¼ tsp smoked paprika
– ¼ tsp ground cumin
– ¼ tsp chili powder
1) Cook Jasberry rice according to packaging instructions.
2) Prepare the shrimp. Defrost and peel shrimp and remove the tails.
3) Cut Avocado and bell pepper into cubes and set aside
4) Drain corn and set aside.
5) Wash green salad leaves and set aside.
6) Heat 1 Tbsp. of olive oil over medium-high heat.
7) Add shrimp and spices (garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, ground cumin, and chili powder). Stir until shrimps are cooked.
8) Assemble the cooked shrimp, Jasberry rice, chopped avocados, corn, chopped bell peppers, and watercress in a bowl. Serve with your choice of dressing.