Ingredients: (2-3 servings)
– 1 Cup raw Jasberry rice
– 2 Tablespoons olive oil
– 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
– About 50g chopped green onions
– 5 cups of mashed pumpkin
– 1 Big onigiri mushroom or two champignon mushrooms, cut into cubes
– ½ Cup dry white wine
– 1 cup Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
– 2 cups of vegetable broth
– A pinch of nutmeg
– A pinch of cinnamon
– A pinch of salt
– A pinch of black pepper
1) Peel and cut the pumpkin into cubes, cook until soften, mash, measure about 1.5 cups, set aside.
2) Heat up a non-stick pan (with lid).
3) Add olive oil into the preheated pan.
4) Saute onions and garlic until golden brown.
5) Add raw Jasberry rice and stir for about three minutes.
6) Mix in mushrooms.
7) Mix in wine and stir intermittently until wine evaporates completely.
8) Add vegetable broth slowly.
9) Add in black pepper, salt, nutmeg and cook on high heat until the mixture starts boiling.
10) Lower heat to medium and cover pan. Let it simmer for about 20-30 minutes until Jasberry rice is soft.
11) Mix in pumpkin puree and cinnamon and stir.
12) Lower the heat and add in most of the cheese, leave some for garnish.
13) Stir well and serve.
14) Garnish with leftover cheese and black pepper to taste.