Can’t get enough pumpkin? Take advantage of this wonderful fall season by whipping up our Jasberry rice pumpkin pesto salad!
Jasberry’s nutty texture combined with the sweetness of roasted pumpkin and herbal fragrances of pesto creates a luscious salad that will charge your body up with antioxidants and leave you craving for more.
Ingredients for one serving:
– ½ cup of cooked Jasberry rice (about ¼ cup of raw Jasberry rice)
– ¼ cup of diced pumpkin of your choice
– 1 ½ cups of green leaves salad
– 3-4 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
– 1 tsp of olive oil
– 2 tbsp of Pesto
– 2-3 radishes, sliced
– 1 tbsp of scallions, chopped
– ½ cup of cilantro, chopped
For the dressing:
– 1 tbsp Vinegar
– 1 tbsp Olive oil
– 1 tbsp Lime juice
– Salt and pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit (200° Celsius).
2) Cook Jasberry rice according to packaging instructions.
3) Toss pumpkin cubes and oil on a baking sheet; roast until cubes can be easily penetrated with a fork (about 30 minutes). Set pumpkin cubes to cool.
4) Slice radishes, scallions, and tomatoes.
5) Whisk lime juice, vinegar, and olive oil in a small bowl. Season vinaigrette to your liking with salt and pepper.
6) Toss Jasberry rice, green salad leaves, tomatoes, radishes, scallions, previously made vinaigrette, reserved pumpkin cubes, cilantro with additional salt and pepper. Drizzle pesto over the salad.