Trying out new cuisines can be intimidating, but we promise our Thai-inspired Jasberry pineapple fried rice is just as easy as any other fried rice, and even more delicious!
Combining Jasberry rice with shrimp enhances its nutty fragrances, which contrasts perfectly with the pineapple chunks, just bursting with the juicy sweetness that will make your home feel tropical.
For busy people, there’s not even a plate to be cleaned afterwards!
Ingredients for 1 serving:
– 1 cup of cooked Jasberry rice (about ½ cup of raw Jasberry rice)
– ½ Pineapple
– ½ cup of mixed vegetables, frozen
– ¼ lb (150g) shrimp, frozen
– 1 egg
– ½ lime
– 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
– ½ tsp of fish sauce
– 1 garlic clove
– ½ red chilli
– ½ onion, chopped
1) Cook Jasberry rice according to packaging instructions.
2) Prepare the pineapple. Using a sharp knife, carefully cut the pineapple in half
lengthwise and separate the two halves. Then on one half, using the tip of a knife, cut
around the edge of the pineapple. Slice down and across the pineapple flesh then
scoop out the pineapple cubes. Discard the core and set the flesh aside.
3) Beat the egg.
4) In a wok, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Fry the beaten egg in a hot wok
until cooked. Push the egg to one side of the wok then add the prawns to the other
side, until the prawns are thoroughly cooked. Remove both from the wok.
5) Reheat the wok until smoking hot and pour in 1 tablespoon of oil. Quickly stir in the
garlic, chilli and onion until fragrant.
6) Add in Jasberry rice and vegetable mix, and fry until rice turns slightly brown and
the veggies are tender. Stir in the cooked eggs and shrimps, then season with fish
sauce and add the pineapple cubes.
7) Serve the rice mixture in the empty pineapple half. Top with lime juice.