Looking for a comforting meal today? Try this Jasberry Congee recipe. Congee is regarded as the ultimate comfort food in Asian cuisine that contains numerous health benefits and used to promote strong digestion. It is so simple that you can enjoy Jasberry Congee in any meal, whether it be breakfast, lunch, or even late-night dinner!
Vegan / Non-Vegan: Substitute chicken meat and chicken broth with Tofu and vegan broth
Prep Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Ingredients for 4 servings:
● 2 cups of uncooked Jasberry rice
● 2 cups of water
● 4 cups of chicken broth
● 4 ounces of bok choy
● 2 pieces of chicken breast, sliced thinly (or preferred meat)
● 1 piece of ginger, grated thinly
● 2 teaspoons of soy sauce to taste (optional)
● A pinch of white pepper to taste (optional)
● Cilantro (optional)
1. Add 2 cups of water to the rice in the rice cooker bowl. Then put in 4 cups of chicken broth. Cook for about 1 hour. (In case of using cooked rice, just use 4 cups of chicken broth.)
2. Keep stirring until the rice has the thick and creamy texture, and to avoid sticking at the bottom.
3. Add the sliced chicken breasts and bok choy. Mix well and cook further.
4. Season to taste with soy sauce and a sprinkle of white pepper. Serve hot with garnishes of ginger and cilantro.