Need a vegetarian alternative to everyone’s summer BBQ favorite?
Look no further. Our Jasberry rice patties with black beans and corn are not only extremely satisfying, but they’re also packed with protein, fibre and flavor. The perfect combination of Jasberry superfood rice with black beans makes them a nutritious treat for vegetarians and meat-eaters alike!
Ingredients for 2 burgers:
– 2 Burger buns
– ¼ cup black beans
– ¼ cup of cooked Jasberry rice
– ¼ cup of canned corn
– 1 tbsp vegetable oil
– 1 egg
– 1 tsp Garlic powder
– 1 tsp Chili powder
– About 4 tbsp of bread crumbs
– 2 slices of pepper jack cheese
– 2 slices of tomato
– A few onion slices
– Lettuce leaves
1) Cook Jasberry rice according to packaging instructions.
2) In a large bowl, mash Jasberry rice, black beans, corn, egg, garlic powder, and chili powder together. Once the mixture has formed, add the breadcrumbs.
3) As soon as the mixture is hard enough to be molded, use your hands to shape the mixture into two burger patties.
4) In a pan over medium heat, add the oil over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the patties and cook for 4-5 minutes. Flip the patties and top with the slices of pepper jack cheese, then cook for another 4-5 minutes.
5) Assemble the burgers with lettuce leaves and tomato and onion slices.