In love with Mexican food? We are! This Jasberry burrito mixture is a homemade-style seasoned with Mexican spicy spices for yummy and healthy diet.Impress your friends with this Chipotle classic that you can now make in the comfort of your home.
Time: 30 – 45 minutes
Ingredients for 2 servings
● 2 cups of cooked Jasberry rice
● 1 tablespoon of olive oil
● 1/4 cup of water
● 16 ounces of chicken breasts cut into pieces (or any choice of meat)
● 1/2 cup of chopped onions
● 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
● 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
● 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
● A pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
● 15 ounces (1 can) of drained black beans
● 1 green bell pepper diced
● 4 large tortillas
● 2 to 3 medium-sized fresh tomatoes cut into small cubes
● 1/2 red onion
● Juice of one lime
● 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
● Salt and pepper to taste
● Pinch of dried oregano
How to cook Jasberry rice:
1. Follow the instructions on the back of the packaging.
How to make the salsa:
1. Cut the tomatoes into small cubes, then dice the onions and cilantro. Mix all of them in a small bowl.
2. Pour the lime juice in the bowl. Add oregano and continue to mix and stir well. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
3. Serve in a dipping tray for added flavor.
How to make burritos:
1. Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Fry the chopped onions, minced garlic, chili powder, red pepper flakes and ground cumin for 1 minute. Then add water and continue to stir.
2. Add in the chicken pieces and allow to cook for a few minutes. Add the black beans and mix all with rice. Allow it to simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside.
3. To prepare 1 burrito: heat one tortilla. Evenly spread the mixture onto it.
4. Fold over the ends and roll up to seal. Slice the burrito in half before serving.