Are you looking to add some magic to a regular fried-rice dish? This classic Asian “Nasi Goreng” (means fried rice) is a staple meal in South East Asia as it is very easy to make. Try our healthy recipe by simply replacing white rice with Jasberry rice, seasoned with soy sauce, lime, meat, veggies, and topped with a fried egg. This will become your new favorite meal!
For Vegans: Substitute eggs and chicken
Time: 15 – 20 minutes
Ingredients for 2 servings
- 1 cup of Jasberry cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil divided
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce divided
- 2 pieces of chicken breast cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup of fresh or frozen peas
- 1/4 cup of fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup of fresh or frozen carrots
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
How to cook Jasberry rice:
- Follow the instructions on the back of the packaging.
Tip: After cooking, leave Jasberry rice in the fridge overnight to get a firm texture so that it doesn’t clump or fall apart when fried.
How to prepare the dish
- In a skillet, pour 1 tablespoon of oil over high heat until it sizzles.
- Stir fry chopped red onions and chicken breast chunks with 1 teaspoon of soy sauce until medium-cooked.
- Immediately add Jasberry rice with carrots, peas, and corn kernels into the skillet.
- Add the remaining soy sauce, stir and cook until Jasberry rice is heated throughout. Season with salt, pepper, and lime juice. Transfer to a plate.
- Fry 2 eggs and serve them on top. Enjoy!