Have you tried our yummy spicy Jasberry Paella yet?
It’s so simple to make! We have replaced the standard rice with Jasberry rice to give it nutty flavors that contrast with the acidic and zesty elements of this Spanish classic.
This is the perfect recipe for enjoying Spanish cuisine with a twist in the comfort of your own home.
Let’s Jas up your life!
Ingredients for 3 servings:
– 1 Cup of raw Jasberry rice (approx. 2 cups of cooked Jasberry rice)
– 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
– 1 Big onion
– 1 Lime
– 1 Big tomato, diced without seeds
– 2 Cloves of garlic
– 200g of canned tomato sauce
– 1 Cup of vegetable broth
– 4 big shrimps (leave out to make this dish vegan!)
– A few pieces of pickled Jalapenos
– ½ Teaspoon Cumin ground
– ½ Teaspoon Chili Powder
– ½ Teaspoon paprika powder
– Pinch of salt
Serve with (optional)
1) Cook Jasberry rice according to packaging instructions, set aside.
2) In a large pot, heat oil.
3) Add onions and garlic and cook on low heat.
4) Add in jalapenos, cumin, chili powder, paprika powder, and salt, stir about one minute.
5) Add the diced tomato and the canned tomato sauce and stir well.
6) Add cooked Jasberry rice.
7) Squeeze the lime over the rice and stir.
8) Add in shrimps and stir well.
9) Add one cup of water or vegetable broth and close the lid.
10) Warm on low for about five minutes until the shrimps turn pink.
11) Add salt to taste.
12) Serve with additional limes and cilantro.